Martes, Hulyo 16, 2019

Dont ever ever give up

Rizal Philippines
July 16, 2019


Image result for dont ever give up quotes



Image result for dont give up

Dont ever ever give up.  This is emblazoned near the entrance of an LGU where we are.  But do we really believe in this  Many times we give up: on   1.  our ideals,   2. what is good    3. what is right, 4. ourselves,
our country, and our jobs, . What is worse for some people, successful  and celebrities at that is that they give up on themselves, of who they are.

Dreams can come true if you dont give up

The antonym of this is determination and perseverance.  So dont give up on:

1.  Your dreams

2.  Your ideals,

3.  Your belief in God,

4.  The things you like doing best

Determination alone is omnipotent...

Some examples of my deeds today that showed that I did not give up.

       1. Fixing the brakes of my prized bike.   I was not able to use an expensive bike with carrbon fiber
           wheelset, carbon frameset (used by a 3 time world champion with internal cabling etc) and top
           of the line titanium and carbon fiber groupset.   I was not able to use this because of defective brake
           system  due to internal cabling.  Cables get crimped and bike action is not as effective as those
          of external cabling.     However due to the recent bike event in France, I had to bring out the bike
          (after all it is a show bike and spent a lot for this)

        Mechanics have given up on its repair/improvement of the bike.   I had to do something and tinkered
        with the brakes for a while. I was able to solve this:   1. I tightened the brake cables at the rear;
        2.  Made some adjustment in front and presto, the brakes did well this time.   I was able to bring the
        bike to Morong, and did not fear that I would bump vehicles or pedestrians because of less than
       100%  efficient bike.  There were noises at the back also but I was able to eliminate this by damping
       the internal cabling with plastic tubes.  

       And today, the bolt that held the brake cable at the rear. Got loose and I lost the rear brake entirely
       It took 3 hours and probably two glasses of sweat to get this right.    The problem was because of fre-
       quent adjustment, the threads (internal ripped off) giving rise to a loose thread situation in front  but
       as you screw in the bolt it tightened.  I feared I had to bring the brake arm to a machine shop for an
       oversized bolt.   I just bought a 2 mm longer allen bolt and presto the problem was solved.  It cost me
       only P20.00

    2.  Getting the smart watch to be paired with the apps and to run.

     After I saw the smartwatch of Capt Flojo two weeks ago, I was motivated to buy a smart watch
     similar to his.  Advantage of a smart watch;  accurate time, it is good for health:  it monitors your
     bp, and helps in 11 sports:  running, cycling, swimming etc. and above all thee bluetooth supports the cp
     activities:    sms, phone call.  

    However since its delivery last Sunday, I could not get it to work, because I could not  get the Health
    Apps to support the phone to download.  I must have done the install uninstall thing and still the watch
    would not work...  Today I was about to give up, return the watch, and upgrade to Samsung.  However,
   watch from China is equal to and or better than apple, 2 weeks battery life, 100 ft water proof.

  My daughter assisted me.  I got a phone that is incompatible with the product.  I worked with her phone
   She was able to get the phone to work.l   How about with my Smartphone.   .

 Examples of not giving up

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento